Are you up for the Dimensions Challenge: One Perfect Spring Day edition? Build a display using only 200 or 500 items. All dimensions are allowed as long as they observe the item limit. The theme is One Perfect Spring Day. It could be early spring with snow still lying on the ground, the first signs of life struggling to emerge or the warm, sunny days of late spring. Entries close on the 15th of May.
- Theme: One Perfect Spring Day, from early spring with snow still on the ground, the first signs of life struggling to emerge, to the warm, sunny days of late spring.
- Entries for the Challenge close on the 15th of May, 2013.
- Item limits: The competition involves two classes of challenge, Class 1 – 200 item limit, and Class 2 – 500 item limit. The number of items in the competition dimension is not to exceed its class limit.
- Item Availability: all items used in the challenge must be available in game. This includes event items such as Fae Yule items. It excludes special promotion items such as the Fae Yule candy canes, gift boxes and prize items (unless the items become available in game between now and the entry close).
- Dimensions: there is no restriction on the dimension used, however the item limits for class 1 or class 2 must be observed.
- Dimension Opening: The competition dimension must be open to the public between and including the 16th to the 20th of May. Since Rift is international, so long as somewhere in the world is that date, it qualifies. Opening before the 16th of May or after the 20th of May will disqualify the dimension from competition.
- Dimension Closing: Competition dimensions must remain open until the 5th of June. Again, the same loose meaning of time as for dimension openings. Closing before the 5th of June will disqualify the dimension from competition. Dimensions may remain open after that time at the discretion of the owner.
- Competitors: As there are no physical prizes or sponsorship, this competition is open to anyone except thestylishradish.
- Sexually explicit content for mature audiences will be excluded from the competition.
- Dimensions must be built in the game, Rift, using tools available to all Rift players.
- Prizes: There are no prizes for this competition except the joys of entering and publicity for your dimension on this website.
- Winners: Winners will be judged on how well their dimension best represents the line – ‘One Perfect Spring Day, from early spring with snow still on the ground, the first signs of life struggling to emerge, to the warm, sunny days of late spring.’. Class 1 and Class 2 entries will be judged seperately and one winner from each class will be chosen only if there is more than one entry for that class. If only one entry is received for a class, no winner will be chosen in that class.
- Winners will be announced on the 30th of May.
- Rules: rules may change at anytime as unforeseen problems arise. Rule changes will be published on this site.
- Judging: thestylishradish is the sole arbiter of this contest. No discussion will be entered into regarding the final decisions of the judge.