Finished your dimension? Wondering what to do next? You could always dust off that alt you never play and build another generic dimension. Or you could participate in the 2013 Dimensions Challenge series!
All the time and work poured into the Radish Inn and Maze kinda makes me feel that dimension is permanent. Yet if we build our dimensions to be finished and untouchable, we’ll soon run out of alts and dimensions to build. My solution to this was to designate my alt, Toefluff, as the temporary exhibits manager. Toefluff owns Dolcega Valley, a dimension specifically for this purpose, just so I won’t be attached to what I build and can change it regularly.
I came up with the idea of creating an exhibit for each Rift holiday. Course it doesn’t strictly need to be a Rift holiday, Valentine’s day is fast approaching and I have all these ideas… So the Valentines Day challenge was born.
For the challenge, build a display using only 200 or 500 items. All dimensions are allowed as long as they observe the item limit. A starter dimension for 10 platinum or one of the small dimensions (for a cost of 20 platinum, fully upgraded) would be a natural for the displays. The theme is Valentine’s Day, a day for evoking feelings of romance, love, desire and devotion. An entry form will be made available to contestants later on this month.
Are you up for the Valentines Day Challenge?
The Valentine’s Day Challenge is a trial run to iron out all the wrinkles in the competition before making the Challenge series a permanent part of the dimensions calender. I’d love some community involvement or feedback on rules and running of the competition. There’s nothing like a competition to make people fractious, so feedback will help make this event trouble free and robust. Read the rules, ask questions, tell me if I’ve made an error or forgotten an important point. Many brains are better than one.
- Theme: Valentine’s Day. This includes romance, passion, snuggles for two, your interpretation goes. Sexually explicit content for mature audiences will be excluded.
- Item limits: The competition involves two classes of challenge, Class 1 – 200 item limit, and Class 2 – 500 item limit. Items in the competition dimension not to exceed its class limit.
- Item Availability: all items used in the challenge must be available in game. This includes event items such as Fae Yule items. It excludes special promotion items such as the Fae Yule candy canes and gift boxes.
- Dimensions: there is no restriction on the dimension used, however the item limits for class 1 or class 2 must be observed.
- Dimension Opening: The competition dimension must be open to the public no earlier than the 7th of February and no later than the 12th of Febuary. Since Rift is international, so long as somewhere in the world is that date, it qualifies. Opening before the 7th of February or after the 12th of February will disqualify the dimension from competition.
- Dimension Closing: Competition dimensions must remain open until the 21st of February. Again, the same loose meaning of time as for dimension openings. Closing before the 21st of February will disqualify the dimension from competition. Dimensions may remain open after that time at the discretion of the owner.
- Competitors: As there are no prizes or sponsorship, this competition is open to anyone except thestylishradish. This includes Trion personnel as long as the competition rules are observed.
- Dimensions must be built in the game, Rift, using tools available to all Rift players.
- Prizes: There are no prizes for this competition except the joys of entering and publicity for your dimension on this website.
- Winners: Winners will be judged on how well their dimension best represents the line – ‘Valentine’s Day, a day for evoking feelings of romance, love, desire and devotion’. Class 1 and Class 2 entries will be judged seperately and one winner from each class will be chosen only if there are more than one entry for that class. If only one entry is received for a class, no winner will be chosen in that class.
- Rules: This is a trial run, rules may change at anytime as unforseen problems arise. Rule changes will be published on this site.
- Judging: thestylishradish is the sole arbiter of this contest. No discussion will be entered into regarding the final decisions of the judge.