Gamer site, Raptr, are hosting a Dev Q&A session for 7/12/12 (or 12/7/12 for the Americanly backward). This is a great opportunity to ask the Rift developers a few important questions. I’ve asked my questions of the developers. Did I mention they were giving away prizes?
Hi there. I have a bunch of dimension related questions.
1. I see dimensions as a game within a game and a viable endgame for players who can’t participate in the traditional endgame. I often think Trion views it as a platinum sink. How does Trion view the place of dimensions in their game?
2. As the number of dimensions on a shard grows, re-finding a dimension I like grows harder. Any hope of being able to bookmark our favorite dimensions?
3.There are lots of requests for an increase in item levels for a dimension or for the number of dimensions a character can have. What is Trion’s stance on this? Are there technical limitations to the item levels in dimensions and if so what are they?
4. I’ve seen a few dimensions around related to sexual activity and, since I make people for my dimension, I’ve been tempted to put a man and lady stick figure together in naughty poses. What is Trion’s stance on sexually explicit dimensions? Put a NC-17 rating on it or OMG – ban hammer?
5.The shimmering dimension wall can block the views in some dimensions, I’m thinking Plaza Aurentine here, any plans to make it less intrusive?
6. On Greybriar, one person completely copied another’s dimension design down to the last detail? Can the original creator seek redress from Trion for such a blatant theft of intellectual property?
7. Fae Yule – your favorite holiday?
8. Have you read Better Homes and Dimensions at https://thestylishradish.wordpress.com? OK, this last question is a shameless plug and doesn’t need to be answered 🙂
If you have questions for the developers you have less than a day to ask them. If you don’t have a Raptr account but want to ask a question, leave it in the comments and I’ll see if I can ask it for you, but be quick!.